- The Thinking Tank was set up in June 2008 by Catherine Shovlin, director of Customer Interpreter—behavioural research and strategy.
- We are based in London but Thinking Tank participants are known to have come from North and South America, Asia, Africa and Europe. Maybe others that we don’t know about since it is anonymous. Let us know!
- The technology for our online conversations is provided by Synthetron a unique way to harness the wisdom of crowds
Inspiration came from many sources over many lifetimes. Some of these include
- The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- Business as Unusual by Anita Roddick
- Turning to one another, by Margaret Wheatley
- The Hidden Wealth of Nations, by David Halpern
- And of course dozens of inspiring people and conversations. I believe that we know everything we need to know, but we sometimes forget about it, or get distracted, or end up surrounded by people who don’t get what we’re talking about. So it’s good to spend some time sharing ideas. At the very least you get a chance to have a good old think. And maybe between us we generate some breakthrough ideas.